After a long research, test and development process, we are proud to present our new generation of 3D-printed mouthpieces, made of a wonderful and newly available bio compatible material.
This high-definition, allergy-free material has noteworthy resistance properties (see video bellow).
We produce „standard soprano cornetto" mouthpieces and tenor cornetto mouthpieces in various sizes and can also develop and produce personalised models according to the player’s request. We also produce exact replicas of the historical mouthpiece still attached to the SAM 230 instrument of the Vienna collection.
Mouthpieces are very personal and there is no model which suits every player. Furthermore, the best fitting mouthpiece for an individual player tends to change during his or her technical development (or even from day to day). Cornetto players which have experience playing the trumpet tend to prefer larger mouthpieces while others tend to like smaller ones. Most players tend to feel comfortable with mouthpieces somewhere between 12 and 13 mm. wide (inner cup diameter), and these sizes can almost be advised as standard ones. Some players, nevertheless, play at best with mouthpieces as tiny as 9 mm. or as large as 15 mm. in diameter.
Are 3D-printed mouthpieces different from traditional ones? See the following video:
If you need traditional animal horn mouthpieces please contact the masters in the field:
- Matthew Jennejohn (Canada): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ulfert Dochhorn (Germany): Dochhorn@gmx.de
- Serge Delmas (France): email@example.com
- Andrea Inghisciano (Italy): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christoph Schuler (Switzerland): email@example.com
- Sam Goble (UK): Sam Goble firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christopher Monk Instruments (UK): email@example.com
- Romera Brass (Spain): firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ricardo Simian 2015 - 2023 - all rights reserved